Prepare for Your Visit
Things to know and prepare prior to starting a visit:
With myPrivia Virtual Clinic, you have access to a board-certified Emergency Medicine or Family Medicine physician any time of day, at your convenience. The visit is conducted by a Privia Medical Group physician on a secure video conference to treat a number of non-emergency illnesses or injuries. If you are an existing patient at a Privia Medical Group practice, your myPrivia Virtual Clinic physician will have access to your medical history and be able to coordinate follow-up care with your usual provider.
Things to note before starting a visit:
- Who are you? – We will need to confirm your identity with an acceptable photo ID.
- Where are you? – We need to confirm your current location so that we are able to provide services in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations. Currently, myPrivia Virtual Clinic™ is only available to patients located in Virginia and Georgia.
- How will you pay? – We collect insurance and payment information to cover any copays or out-of-pocket costs at time of service. We accept all major credit or debit cards for payment.
- How will you connect with us? – myPrivia Virtual Clinic is available to desktop users on Google Chrome or the myPrivia mobile app. If you encounter any technical difficulties, please call (888) 774-8428 during normal business hours (8:00 am to 6:00 pm EST).
- Have you updated your information? – We use your myPrivia™ patient portal account for many of the steps to “check-in” for your virtual visit. Click here to sign up or log in to your myPrivia™ patient portal. Please make sure you have updated your current email address and phone number so that we can contact you in case you get disconnected during your appointment.
- What to expect during a visit?
- Once you click on “Start Visit,” you will be asked to complete a technology check, fill out consent forms, confirm your insurance, and pay your copay.
- After completing the check-in process you will be placed in a virtual waiting room.
- Once a provider is available, you will hear an alert noise and the “Join Visit” button will become active for you to click on and connect with provider.
- Within moments, the provider will be visible to you on the screen and you may begin your virtual visit.
- Once finished, both you and the provider will end the virtual visit. Any next steps of care that you and the provider discussed will be inputted securely into your medical record and will be carried out, per provider’s instructions.
- You will be prompted to fill out a survey about your experience.
- Learn more about virtual visit policies and procedures.
myPrivia Virtual Clinic is convenient for treating many common issues including:
|• Abdominal pain (minor)||• Constipation||• Headache (mild)||• Runny nose (rhinorrhea)|
|• Acne||• Cold, cough, & flu||• Heartburn||• Sinus pain|
|• Allergies (seasonal)||• Cuts & bruises (minor)||• Mood disorder screening||• Sleep concerns|
|• Asthma||• Diarrhea||• Motion sickness||• Sore throat|
|• Back pain (minor)||• Earache||• Mouth sores||• Sprains or strains|
|• Birth control||• Fever||• Nausea/vomiting||• Stress management|
|• Bites & stings||• Gout||• Pink eye||• Tooth pain|
|• Cold sores||• Head injury (minor)||• Rash & hives||• Urinary tract infection (UTI)|
Urgent concerns that are not appropriate for a virtual visit include:
|• Blistering burns||• Broken bones||• Chest pain||• Coughing or vomiting blood|
|• Difficulty breathing||• Open wound, puncture wounds||• Poisoning/drug overdose||• Seizures|
|• Severe abdominal pain||• Severe bleeding||• Sudden numbness on face, arm, leg||• Sudden numbness on face, arm, leg|
|• Sudden, severe headache||• Sudden weakness, dizziness, loss of balance|
If you are experiencing chest pain, difficulty breathing, choking, significant bleeding, stroke-related symptoms such as weakness on one side or slurred speech, thoughts of suicide or homicide, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency care location.